Aggressive Legal Representation When Child Custody Is Extra Contentious
The breakup of a marriage or domestic partnership brings multiple levels of disruption to family life, and the most distressing of all factors may be high degrees of conflict over child custody. If your home life is unraveling, you naturally want to keep a calm and nurturing atmosphere for your child. If the other parent does not want to cooperate, you will need to take decisive legal steps to reach a resolution.
At Omega Law PLLC, we encourage divorcing and separating clients to negotiate child custody arrangements in good faith for the sake of the child or children. However, we know that sometimes parents can’t seem to separate other problems from the very important issue of family-friendly child custody arrangements. Contact us to learn how our lawyers can help you break through the wall that is in the way of a child custody
What Makes Child Custody Cases Contentious?
Some of our clients’ custody cases include high levels of conflict for one or more of the following reasons:
- One or both parents struggle with addiction or mental illness.
- One or both parents lives in a troubled household or struggles with housing instability.
- Parents have great difficulty communicating constructively about their children’s schedules and needs.
- Relocation or a planned relocation of one of the parents will make joint custody difficult or impossible.
- A child has special needs and the separated parents have difficulty collaborating as necessary to meet those needs.
- A child has been identified as a “child in need of services” (CHINS).
The scenarios described above are just a few examples of the many situations that can lead to high conflict in child custody negotiations. Other parents experience similar difficulties even after child custody orders are in place.
We are skilled family law attorneys and truly care about our clients and their children. If we represent you, we will clearly explain all legal options that may help in your case, including:
- Restraining orders
- Temporary custody petitions
- Input from child psychologies, social workers or other professionals whose insights can become evidence in a custody trial, if necessary
Every case is unique and we are committed to finding solutions that will give you and your child(ren) the stability and protection that you need.
Get A Lawyer On Your Side To Protect Your Parental Rights
No one wants their child to be caught in a tug-of-war and experience the devastation of high conflict over custody. At the same time, most parents want to preserve close bonds with their children despite divorce or separation. If you and the other parent of your child or children cannot agree on a parenting time plan, get strong legal counsel as soon as possible, before the situation deteriorates.
You have parental rights and your child’s best interests are the top priority of a family law court. At Omega Law PLLC, we are ready to help you pursue a custody arrangement that keeps your parent-child bond intact and gives your child stability. Call us at 859-905-0814 or use our easy online form to start the conversation.