Federal Criminal Defense And Appeals Attorneys
Omega Law PLLC is a valuable resource for residents or visitors to Kentucky and Indiana who are facing federal criminal charges or need to appeal convictions. Federal cases often begin with investigations by federal agencies, such as Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) or the FBI. If you have been contacted or heard rumors that may implicate you in a federal criminal case, contact us and learn how we can protect your rights from the start.
You may receive a letter, phone call or visit from a federal agent if you are the target of an investigation. A grand jury investigation may move your case forward to the point of indictment. Or, if you have already been convicted of a federal crime, you may have the opportunity to bring an appeal in a federal court of appeals. Our defense attorneys are here for you regardless of the details of your federal case.
Examples Of Federal Criminal Charges
We are knowledgeable, aggressive litigators who are ready to defend you if you are facing a federal charge such as the following:
- Drug trafficking
- Medicare, Medicaid or other health care fraud
- Currency counterfeiting (production or use)
- Violent crimes, including activities that cross state lines
- Internet crimes, including identity theft (ID theft), child pornography distribution or ecommerce fraud, occurring in two or more states
- An immigration offense, such as harboring unauthorized and undocumented migrants
Where possible, we strive to have clients’ cases remain in state courts in Kentucky or Indiana, where potential penalties may be less severe. For those matters that do proceed to federal court, our attorneys are well versed in the federal sentencing guidelines, as well as mandatory minimum sentences and how to avoid them.
Not all criminal defense attorneys take on federal appeals and post-conviction relief (2255) motions, but we do. We represent clients in federal courts, including the following:
- The United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- The United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- The United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- The United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- United States Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
Give us a chance if you are looking for federal criminal defense and appellate attorneys with a solid track record at all levels of the criminal justice system, including federal cases.
Get Your Federal Case Underway With Our Help
At Omega Law PLLC, you will find skilled and compassionate defense attorneys with a reputation for giving clients relevant information and recommendations at the right times. Learn what you can do now to protect your rights in any aspect of a federal case, such as pre-trial, on appeal, when litigating 2255 motions, or when fighting supervised release violations.